Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Home-made Pesto Sauce

Campari on the Rocks for the Cook

I have some lovely Basil in the Vegetable Patch and decide to make Spaghetti Pesto which all my family love. The lovely Basil

Pesto is one of the easiest and quickest meals to make as it involves no cooking apart from the spaghetti. It has 5 key ingredients. Basil leaves, parmesan cheese, pine nuts, garlic and olive oil.

Dish begging to be consumed with a glass of good Australian red wine.

I have listed the recipe for Home-made Pesto Sauce below:
(for 4 - 6 people)
80 grams fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
2 large cloves garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons pine kernels
pinch of salt
100 grams grated parmesan cheese
75 ml extra virgin olive oil
200 grams of spaghetti cooked al dente in salted boiling water.
Add basil leaves, garlic and pine nuts into a blender and pulse until you have a puree. Transfer puree to pan of cooked hot spaghetti and add the olive oil and parmesan cheese. Toss well to cover all the spaghetti strands and serve immediately with more parmesan.
Buon appetito!

5 comments:

  1. Marie-Louise, the pesto spaghetti look good enough to eat! Yes, and I have a glass of red as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell the cooking. Wonderful blog, and your flower photos are superb. I like the different kinds of what they call here "bottlebrush" plants, few of which I have ever seen. They are a bit too tropical for Seattle but thrived in Northern California where I lived for many years. Great photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely but I must say, a nice Zin from the Sierra foothills of California would go nicely with Pesto Pasta as well!
    Thanks for the recipe. I've never put pine nuts in Pesto before so I look forward to trying it.
    Caprice
    California Gold Country

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this really makes me hungry and I have only just had lunch :-)
    I really love this photo series. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Campari on the rocks very much when it's real hot summer!

    ReplyDelete